Mar 31, 2010

Sci-Fi TV - Caprica, V, Lost, SGU and more

Caprica had its season finale on Friday. Husband was thrilled the robot finally did something. I have to agree. BSG had some of the finest space battles ever. I miss that. I miss the surprise and tension of BSG [even though there was no Dirk Benedict to drool over, but hey, they made up for it in many other ways] A little action with the drama never hurts. I hope this means the story lines are moving forward. Guess we'll find out when it returns.

The premiere of V was last night. Hmmm. Mixed reaction from this household. I have to say I didn't really enjoy the original. So, if they are just rehashing that, I will quickly lose interest. Husband, too. However, the last 15 minutes showed some promise. They finally started to pique my interest. They'll have to keep that up to hold me as I prefer not to watch TV after 10 p.m.

Stargate Universe returns this Friday. I'm looking forward to that. I'm hoping they drop the love-triangle with Lou Diamond Philips and Young's wife. And, I'd prefer to spend less time on Earth. The space ship is interesting. I want to stay on the ship. Looks like Daniel Jackson is either making guest appearances or joining the cast. I do like a hit of RDA now and then. It's probably my favorite new sci-fi show.

Lost moves closer to its conclusion. Despite the lack of man-eating reptiles, it's still a good show. It does need to end though. It was starting to mire. I will miss Sawyer a lot though. Hope to see Josh Holloway elsewhere.

Most shows need a built-in end date so that they don't get draggy, I think.

Season 4 of Torchwood is confirmed. 13 new episodes. Yaay! OK, this is really my most favorite new sci-fi show. Now I can quit bothering my friends in the UK to nudge at the BBC on my behalf. This series rocks.

SyFy announces its summer lineup. Eureka and Warehouse 13 will be coming back. I did enjoy the first season of Warehouse 13. There's a new series, Haven, that will be starting.

Although, if its Friday nights, I'll miss whatever is on. I'll be up at the observatory starting Memorial Day weekend. Yaay! If there are no clouds, it's the best show there is.

What do you have to say about sci-fi TV? Have you seen any of these shows? Heard any juicy tidbits? Sci-fi -centric minds want to know.