May 6, 2010

Absolutely the Best Chocolate I ever Savored

Pegasus Chocolate makes that boast on their web page. I attest, it is fact and true. http://www.checkusout.biz/pegasuschocolates.html

I fondly refer to the shop as 'The Chocolate Man'. Went there the other day for a Mothers Day gift. It's easy. Get a box of chocolates and the post office is just two blocks away. The boxes are always prettily done. No need for gift wrap. Grab an envelope, shove in the chocolate & a card in. Slap on the mailing label I created at home and stuck in my wallet. Done.


Bonus that it's a really great gift - locally made and handcrafted. Every chocolate in the shop is handmade. Spoils me rotten as no other chocolate tastes so fine. If I'm going to eat it, I want Chocolate Man's chocolate. There's no reason to waste my tastebuds or the calories on anything else. Really, his chocolate is a waste of neither.

I couldn't resist picking up a bag of my favorites - licorice dark chocolates. Some of you know of my licorice addiction. This treat is heaven. If I'm going to indulge, I might as well do it right.

Chocolate Man must have missed me, because I got two free chocolates to take home with me. Well, they didn't make it home. I enjoyed them in the car. The first was a milk chocolate truffle with a chocolate center. My eyelids fluttered in rapture at the red light. The woman beside me honked her horn and gave me a thumbs up. Her eyebrow raised. What tasted so damn fine? I had to laugh. I held up the bag from Pegasus Chocolate. She made a sudden turn. I'm assuming to go see Chocolate Man as I was only a few blocks away. He is one of this town's great treasures.

Made me realize I've missed Chocolate Man. The next candy was a dark chocolate truffle with a marion berry center. Mmmmm. Reminded me of my wedding cake - chocolate and raspberry. Mmmm.

Reminds me of when I first moved to Oregon. We came here from DC. These women were talking about Marion Berry at Fred Meyer. I was shocked that the scandal of the mayor of DC had made it all the way out to the West Coast and that they were still talking about it. I found out months later that they were talking about marionberries - a berry - and not the mayor of DC. It's an Oregon thing. I had never heard of marionberries until moving here. They make excellent jams, pies … and truffles. [but not mayors, lol]