Jul 29, 2010

Tomato Fruit Salad

Definition of writer insanity: Constantly getting up just before I fall asleep because a new idea about the WIP [work in progress] pops into my head. Getting up at 3:30 to write down ideas. I often also get ideas while chopping vegetables. Got another ping while slicing tomatoes for a salad last night. Yeah, I know, technically tomatoes are a fruit. But who puts them in fruit salad? Anybody?

I roughed out the final chapter about twenty minutes ago. An idea for a scene for the finale came to me as I was falling asleep last night. Third night in a row, I snuck into the closet to write in the wee hours. My Nini was displeased. She insists I follow her schedule of how things are done in this household. My cats are sticklers for their schedules. Regimented. Nini led me back to bed with purrs, wagging her fluffy tail. I let her think she succeeded. Only, I was done jotting down the snippet flooding my head.

Anyone else write in the closet? LOL Makes me think of that South Park episode ...

I'm about 100 words away from 80,000 right now. As I add in things to tie up loose ends and make a nice, neat package of the plot and all its threads, that will go up a few thousand.

Have a waning Moon to deal with during primetime this weekend. So, a lot of things will be washed out again. Of course, I'm away during the next new moon. Dang. Sort of. I'm excited about my trip and the conference. Will make sure my outfit works this weekend. And, I'll make a pack list. Otherwise, I'll forget something.

Enjoy your weekend, and if you care to, caption the picture or write a little story for it. I really enjoyed what you all did last time. :) Party at Shazam's Palace?